Are you looking for an ideal spot to hit this summer? How does it feel to be relaxing at a beach? We are sure you would come with a huge YES! Siesta Key Beach in Florida is considered to be one of the best beaches in the entire USA.
Here we will bring you some vital information you need to know about Siesta Key Beach in Florida. Keep reading!
Siesta Key Beach is a barrier island away from the southwest coast of Florida. Located between Roberts Bay and The Gulf of Mexico, a part of it lies within the city boundary of Sarasota. Siesta Key is a portion of the Bradenton-Sarasota-Venice Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Significance of Siesta Key Beach
Siesta Key Beach is remarkable for having some of the world’s finest and brilliant 99% quartz white sand. This beach won the title of the nation’s best beach twice. The vernal blue skies, relaxing ocean breezes, and spectacular sandy beaches will offer you a heavenly beach experience. Siesta Key Beach is famous around the world for romantic getaways for lovers. It is also a world-famous family vacation destination and active sports enthusiasts will love this beach. Even the Dolphins love the Gulf Coast waters at Siesta Key Beach. The safety and security of Siesta Key are guaranteed with lifeguards. Its shallow waters near the coastline make it a perfect choice for families.
Concessions and Amenities at Siesta Key Beach
Siesta Key is a paradise for some fun and adventurous beach activities! Offering the visitors all the international facilities, Siesta Key brings an abundance of joy with amusement. This beach has plenty of resorts, beach clubs, condos, private homes, and apartments. Siesta Key Beach also provides courts for tennis, basketball, and volleyball for recreational activities. Siesta Key Beach is a mesmerizing location for those who love sunbathing.
You can also enjoy activities such as :
- water skiing,
- beach camping,
- relaxing by the sandbar region.
- Enjoy swimming or an afternoon surf while watching the sunset over the turquoise waters will be unforgettable!
Other amenities and facilities at Siesta Key include:
- Concessions that sells a variety of refreshments and snacks
- Beach chairs and umbrella rentals
- Children’s playground
- Lighted public tennis court
- Outdoor showers
- BBQ grills and covered picnic areas
- Convenient handicapped accessibility for pedestrians and wheelchair users, strollers, and beach carts through the 450-foot-Mobi-mat pathway.
- Handicap wheelchairs and floating handicap wheelchairs, and free beach wheelchairs.
- Provides free parking area with 850 parking spaces ( the management announces to arrive early in the day – before 10 a.m in season during the holidays)
- Free transportation, including the Siesta Breeze Trolley.
Events at Siesta Key Beach
- Year-round volleyball tournaments.
- Siesta Key Drum Circle – this is a year-round, family-friendly event that includes participants of drumming, dancing, and belly dancing.
- Siesta Key Crystal Classic International Sand Sculpting Festival.
- Amateur Sand Castle Contest
- Spectacular fireworks – held on July 4th and New Year’s Eve.
Do’s and Don’ts on Siesta Key Beach
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are legal at the beach. You must be over 21 years of age or older to have alcohol. However, you cannot bring glass containers to the beach. Siesta beach encourages smokers to dispose of the butts properly without burying them in the sand.
- Taking live shells – like starfish, sand dollars, and sea urchins are strictly illegal. If you find a live shell or one with a creature in it, they advise the public to place it gently back in the water without throwing them.
- The Siesta Key Beach does not allow dogs.
Safety Tips for Siesta Key Beach
- All the visitors must maintain a distance of at least six feet when on the beach.
- You must avoid gathering in groups larger than 50 people.
- Wear a face mask during all face-to-face interactions.
- Limit the time spending at restaurants, bars, and larger venues – including bars in and around Siesta Key and Sarasota.
- Wearing a mask inside and outside the City of Sarasota is a must.
- Avoid coming into prolonged contact with larger groups and shared objects.
So, when are you going to make your Siesta Key dream come true?