Baja Beach Fest is an incredibly entertaining musical encounter that most of you would love to experience in summer. This would definetely heat your summer and give you the musical vibe you’ve longed to have.
So, let’s get inside and see what we have listed for you. Keep reading; you will get to know almost everything you wanted to know about your favorite musical festival!
What Is Baja Beach Music Fest and How It Started?
The Baja Beach Fest is a reggaeton and Latin music festival. The festival first began in 2018 and is held annually at the Rosarito Beach in Baja, California, Mexico.
Baja Beach Fest was established in 2018 by Rosarito-based Aaron Ampudia and Los Angeles-based Chris Den Uijl. And also, the two of them met in Encinitas and are the present co-owners and promoters of the festival. Baja Beach Fest is a beachside gala held in August every year.
Location and Directions
Baja Beach Festival takes place in the beach town of Rosarito, Baja CA, Mexico. Their stomping areas are on the beach, about 1-hour south of San Diego, CA.
In addition, if you are driving down, just type in: Coronado 400, Playas Rosarito, 22710 Rosarito, B.C., Mexico in Google Maps. Once you are in Baja, the picturesque way to Rosarito is a toll road with two toll booths which you will have to pay to enter.
Insides of Baja Beach Fest
The 2018 festival was a one-day event that received 15 thousand people. Held on October 19th – 20th, it starred performances by Bad Bunny, Yandel, Farruko, and more artists.
Next, the 2019 festival was a two-day event that entertained 30 thousand people with a performance by Ozuna, J Balvin, Becky G, Bad Bunny, Nicky Jam, and other artists, including Alex Rose, Brytiago Cazzu, DJ Luian, Lyanno, and Amenazzy. Thus, increasing the number of attendees and expanding the festival grounds three times, the oceanfront festival amassed multi-national news coverage and attention. Baja Beach Fest 2019 made history on the beach in Baja. Furthermore, in 2019, Baja Beach Fest was appreciated as the number one Emerging Festival of North America by USA Today.
However, the 2020 festival was to be a three-day event with leading artists, including Ozuna, Anuel AA, Karol G & J Balvin. But unfortunately, it got postponed for reasons associated with the prevailing global situation.
Moreover, bringing you to hope, for the first time, in August of 2021, Baja Beach Fest will be over three days with two separate Weekends. Besides, it will be starring more high-level performers on the list than ever before. Baja Beach Fest 2021 has sold out, presenting it as one of the first sellouts of a 2021 festival on the Billboard. However, after a massive inrush of demand post sellout, the Baja Beach Fest team chose to go live with Weekend 2. In addition, their team is now functioning behind the scenes to deliver an intensified onsite adventure. Furthermore, they hope to give out new art installations, movements, sponsors, astonishments, and more to wow every attendee in arrival.
Festival Rules and Regulations of Baja Beach Fest
Things allowed in venue:
- E-cigs, small vape pens, and tobacco cigarettes
- Cameras (Non-Professional)
- Detachable lens cameras are not allowed.
- Chapstick, lip balm, lipstick
- Small flags of countries/regions-12.5 x 18 inch max size
- GoPros (No poles/sticks)
- Mobile phones and external chargers
- sunblock (sealed/unopened)
- Eye drops (sealed/unopened)
- female hygiene items (sealed/unopened)
- Binoculars and earplugs
- gum and mints
- little single pocket drawstring bags
- small empty hydration packs
- tiny purses or fanny packs
- hand sanitizers and a small pack of disinfecting wipes (sealed and unopened)
Things not allowed in venue:
- weapons of any kind
- outside food or drinks
- professional cameras (those with detachable lenses)
- drug paraphernalia
- aerosol products
- glass, steel, aluminum, or metal containers
- airhorns or noisemakers
- children or minors
- fireworks or explosives
- flyers, samples, or promotional materials of any sort laser pointers
- chairs, blankets, umbrellas, or hoola hoops
- AVPs, MODs, or Liquid to Refill Cartridges
- pepper spray or mace
- backpacks and bags with multiple pockets
- bags that are bigger than 14″x11″x5″(35x28x12cm) or 30 linear inches (75cm)
In addition to these, make sure to check with their other safety and security guidelines before your visit.
Nearest Airports to Baja Beach Fest
- Tijuana International Airport- 40 minutes drive and 35.5 km to the location.
- San Diego International Airport- 55 minutes drive and 68 km to the location.
- Los Angeles International Airport- 3-hour drive and 262 km to the location.
- San Ysidro Port of entry- 43 minutes to the venue
- Otay Mesa Port of entry- 47 minutes to the venue
- Tecate Port of entry- 1 hour to the venue
There are plenty of paid parking lots to pick from and hotel parking for hotel guests at and near the festival areas. In addition to these individual parking lots, Rosarito also allows street parking.
Then, are you ready for an unforgettable entertainment experience at Baja Beach Fest? Also, let us know how helpful our article was for you by leaving a comment down below!